Key Global Highlights Stearates market
- Global Stearates Market was valued at US$4,512.4 million in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period
- The stearates market is driven by factors such as high demand for additives in the plastics and rubber processing industry coupled with growing demand for stearates in the building and construction industry.
- Stearates are used as lubricants, release agents and anti-caking agents in the plastics industry. Stearates are also used as acid scavengers in plastic processing and compounding.
- They increase flow and help form smoother, low-friction surfaces. Growing demand for stearates in pharmaceutical, personal care and textile industries across the globe is estimated to provide greater opportunities for market growth over the coming years.
- However, commodity price volatility coupled with stringent environmental regulations is expected to hamper the market growth in the near future.
Request a sample report –https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=4110
Key Drivers of the Global Stearates Market
- Harsh environmental conditions negatively affect buildings. Excess water on construction sites can cause serious damage to buildings. Water is also considered responsible for transporting substances such as microorganisms, salts or frost damage in cold weather. Additionally, dampness can occur in buildings due to poor quality materials, faulty design and poor construction. This can lead to softening and crumbling of the plaster. Waterproofing and waterproofing can be done with surface treatment, gunning and cavity wall construction. Special additives are added to cement and mortar to improve their water-repellent properties.
- Stearates are used as hydrophobic agents in the building and construction industry. In order to achieve a hydrophobic effect, it is necessary to cover active surfaces such as the tips and edges of buildings. Stearates such as calcium, zinc and sodium have higher swelling capacities and can be used as sealants in concrete. Stearates form gels on contact with water, thus blocking the capillary system and causing a hydrophobic effect. They prevent water from penetrating into the mortar, while keeping the diffusion of water vapor in the mortar intact.
- Stearates are used in various construction applications. For example, they are used in dry mortar, concrete, joints and plasters. Stearates are also used in construction paints and cement paints. Stearates provide improved water repellency and flow properties to building materials. In concretes, stearates are mainly used in their dispersion forms. They act as a plasticizer and a water-repellent agent. Waterproofing and surface treatment are two of the main applications of stearates in the building and construction industry. Stearates are mixed with cement and plaster to form waterproofing surfaces. Stearates such as magnesium, calcium, aluminum, zinc and sodium are used as waterproofing agents in the building and construction industry. They are also used in colored concrete due to their ability to improve wettability and dispersion of pigments.
Inquire Before You Buy – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=EB&rep_id=4110
The personal care industry to drive opportunities for Global Stearates Market
- Personal care is another end-user industry that is expected to provide better opportunities for the stearates market in the coming years. Stearates can be used as colorants and anti-caking agents in many cosmetic products such as creams and ointments. They can also be used in makeup products such as mascara, eye shadow, and powders due to their protective and water-repellent properties. Zinc stearates can offer an antibacterial effect, especially in ointments. Aluminum stearates and distearates can also be used in creams and ointments due to their gelling properties and also because they act as viscosity modifiers and thixotropic agents.
Asia-Pacific dominates the global stearates market
- In terms of demand, Asia-Pacific has dominated the stearates market for the past few years. The region held firm 40% of global demand for stearates in 2018. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. High demand for stearates in the plastics and rubber processing industry has been a key factor in the growth of the stearates industry in Asia Pacific.
- The region was followed by Europe which is expected to experience low market growth over the forecast period. North America is expected to provide market growth opportunities, especially in the pharmaceutical and building & construction industries. The Rest of the World market share is expected to grow over the next few years.
fragmented nature of Global Stearates market
- The stearates market is fragmented by nature. It is controlled by manufacturers present in the world. The eight main manufacturers – Baerlocher GmbH, FACI SpA, Norac Additives Inc., Dover Chemical Corporation, Ferro Corporation, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, Peter Greven GmbH & Co. KG and PMC Biogenix, Inc.
Covid-19 impact analysis request – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=4110
Global Stearates market: Search scope
Global Stearates Market, By Product
- Calcium Stearate
- Sodium Stearate
- zinc stearate
- Magnesium Stearate
- Aluminum monostearate
- Others (including lithium stearate)
Global Stearates Market, By End User
- Plastic and rubber processing
- Building construction
- Paints & Coatings
- Other (including paper and pulp)
More trending reports by Transparency Market Research –
Industrial Water Utilities Market – https://www.einpresswire.com/article/577582590/industrial-water-service-market-is-expected-to-cross-us-556-6-bn-by-the-end-of-2031
Transmission and distribution market – https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/transmission–distribution-market-to-exceed-us-300-bn-by-2031-tmr-study-301563144.html
Calcium Carbonate Market – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/calcium-carbonate-market.html
Paving Materials Market – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/paving-materials-market.html
Ferrosilicon market – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/ferrosilicon-market.html
About Us Transparency Market Research
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global market intelligence reports and services. Our proprietary blend of quantitative forecasting and trend analysis delivers forward-looking insights to thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With broad research and analytical capability, Transparency Market Research uses rigorous primary and secondary research techniques to develop distinctive datasets and research material for trade reports.
Transparency Market Research Inc.
HEADQUARTERS IN THE CITY CENTER,
1000 N. West Street,
Suite 1200, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 USA
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
E-mail: [email protected]