Peli BioThermal, a cold chain partner from discovery to distribution, announced its selection as the winner of the Minnesota Manufacturing Excellence Awards. The award, presented by “Twin Cities Business” magazine, recognizes companies that demonstrate excellence in product design and engineering, manufacturing processes, logistics and supply chain management and business operations, among other categories.
“The past two years have been unprecedented for manufacturing companies facing raw material shortages, supply chain disruptions and labor issues. Yet many persevered,” said David Williams, president of Peli BioThermal. “We are honored to be recognized among other organizations that continue to meet these challenges to grow Minnesota’s economy through innovation and adaptability.”
Over the past year, Peli BioThermal has stepped up its efforts to support global efforts to provide vaccines and treatments for COVID-19 to the world. The cold chain is an integral part of the pharmaceutical supply chain. However, the existing cold chain solutions did not meet the needs of the new freezing temperature ranges. Peli BioThermal quickly expanded current product lines to support short-term vaccine storage, redirect vaccine courier transport from freezing centers to vaccination sites, and daily vaccine resupply to remote and rural areas .
Beyond its work supporting the distribution of vaccines and therapeutics, Peli BioThermal:
- Added on-demand and virtual training options to continue serving customers
- Expanded product offerings through acquisition for growing field of direct-to-patient and direct-from-patient care
- 27% increase in its global footprint of network stations and drop-off points
- Expanded its line of award-winning Golden Hour™ technologies to include a smaller, more portable container allowing military personnel to carry vital blood supplies to the battlefield
- Helped 100 pharmaceutical manufacturers worldwide achieve their logistics success goals
Peli BioThermal also won the Minnesota Manufacturing Excellence Award in the inaugural year in 2019. This year’s winners include Hennepin Made, Malco Products, Metal Craft, Minneapolis Glass Company, Minnesota Ice, Renewal by Andersen and Tennant Company.