The Global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients Market should grow to a 4% CAGR by 2031. Health systems have emphasized affordability as well as quality of medical services. However, now digitization has arrived which would bring about a revolution in the same healthcare vertical. 3D bioprinting technology is one such innovation, which is intended to simplify drugs. This would be the way forward for the healthcare vertical over the next 10 years.
Active pharmaceutical ingredients are drugs used for chronic conditions such as neuropathic pain, lung disease, cancer, diabetes, and heart disease. However, these ingredients have both benefits and side effects.
Pharmaceutical companies have focused on upgrading their manufacturing methods to improve overall product quality. It also means automating process development, which was previously done manually. The installation of large capacity equipment in terms of volume also allows for better production efficiency.
Get a free sample copy of this report @ https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/samples/11260
According to the revised report published by Persistence Market Research, the global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients market valued at around $180 billion in 2020, and is expected to grow to a CAGR over 4% over the forecast period (2021-2031).
- Pfizer Inc.
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Cipla inc.
- Eli Lilly and company
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche SA
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Hepalink Group
Key insights from market research
- Small molecule active pharmaceutical ingredients are expected to contribute more than 91% of market revenue by 2031, due to their wide availability and ability to relieve moderate to severe pain, typically after surgery or traumatic injury .
- Unregulated substances are expected to account for more than half of the global market share.
- Among all end users, pharmaceutical companies accounted for more market share than others.
- East Asia holds the highest share of the global active pharmaceutical ingredients market, owing to the presence of more CMOs, high healthcare expenditures, and increasing research and development efforts in the region.
- Major players are focused on bolstering their clinical pipelines with new discoveries of new abuse deterrent formulations.
- The Indian market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 4% through 2021-2031. The United States holds a large share of global revenue and accounts for over 87% of the North American market.
“Strong growth in demand is observed for small molecules, due to their potency, efficacy and safety,” says an analyst from Persistence Market Research.
Increase healthcare spending on active pharmaceutical ingredients
Global healthcare spending grew at a CAGR of 6.92% from 2003 to 2013. This growth in healthcare spending far exceeded the rate of population growth during this period, which grew at a CAGR of 1 .22%. As a result, health expenditure per capita increased from US$597 in 2003 to US$1,032 in 2013, increasing at a CAGR of 5.62%.
Rising healthcare spending across all regions has increased access to quality healthcare and is expected to continue to drive demand for pharmaceuticals.
- On March 25, 2019, TUL secured its place in the TOP 10 API Member Enterprises in China in 2018. The position was awarded to TUL for its excellent export and import profile of APIs, pharmaceutical formulations and of Chinese medicines in 2018.
- In 2016, Novartis’ Sandoz ceased operations at its site in Maharashtra, India, as part of global manufacturing optimization plans. The site, located in west-central India, employed 170 people and manufactured antibiotics and APIs.
What does the report cover?
Persistence Market Research offers a unique perspective and actionable insights into the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients market in its latest study, presenting a historical demand assessment from 2016 to 2020 and projections for 2021 to 2031. The research study is based on APIs (small molecules, peptides and oligonucleotides, carbohydrate drugs and steroid drugs) and end user (contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs), pharmaceutical companies, development contract manufacturing organizations (CDMOs) and compounding pharmacies), in seven key regions of the world.
Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market – Expanding at a booming CAGR of 14.6%, the global market for immune checkpoint inhibitors market is expected to reach a value of more than US$35 billion over the period 2018-2026.
Biopharma market – Global Biopharma market had reached a valuation of US$330 billion in 2021 and is expected to reach US$478 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 10%.
About Us: Persistence Market Research
Persistence Market Research
Address – 305 Broadway, 7th Floor, New York,
NY 10007 USA
Telephone in the United States – +1-646-568-7751
USA-Canada Toll Free – +1 800-961-0353
Sales – [email protected]